With Smart Chord and Smart Scale technology, creating music and transferring what’s in your imagination to what you hear coming out of your computer has never been easier!
With Smart Chord activated, pressing a single key or pad will play a full chord rather than just one note. The key or pad you press will determine the root note in the chord. The rest of the chord’s properties (Major, Minor, and Voicing – 1,3,5; 1,3,7; 1,3,5,7, etc.) are determined by the settings you choose. Smart Chord also has a Custom Mode which lets you to determine the chord structure that will be assigned to each key by manually playing it. For example, if you select Custom Mode, and play a 1-b3-5-b7 chord, every key will then be assigned to play this chord structure. The note of the key you press will serve as the root of the chord and all of the parameters can be edited right on the Oxygen Pro 61!
The Oxygen Pro 61 also features intelligent Smart Scale technology. With Smart Scale, you can set the key bed so that only notes in the selected scale are able to be played. This allows you to play within a chosen scale without the risk of playing any “wrong” notes. You can choose from 16 different scale variations when assigning a scale to the keyboard. Smart Scale is easy to activate and deactivate and allows you to set the scale parameters you need to keep you focused on creating.
Built into the Oxygen Pro 61 are features that are essential to creating modern day pop, electronic, hip hop, and dance music. Note Repeat and the built-in Arpeggiator open up a world of precise music production and live sound techniques to make your music sound professional.
Note Repeat allows you to hold down any of the custom-made M-Audio performance pads and you’ll hear a repeated rhythmic pattern at a selectable note division. The Note Repeat feature can be activated momentarily or can be used in Latch mode. If you choose Momentary, holding the Note Repeat button will make the note played by the pad automatically repeat. If you choose Latch, pressing any pad will cause its assigned note to repeat without you having to hold down the Note Repeat button.
The built-in Arpeggiator will affect anything you are playing on the keys from any virtual instrument in your DAW. When the Arpeggiator is activated, the keyboard will repeatedly play the pressed keys in sequence. The arpeggiator’s timing and rhythm is based on the keyboard’s time division setting and either the keyboard’s or your DAW’s tempo setting. Each note in the arpeggio will be the length you’ve selected for the time division setting; for example, if you select 1/4, each note in the arpeggio will be a quarter note. This powerful tool can operate in Latch or Momentary mode, making it easy to unleash your creativity.
With great feel in a lightweight chassis, the Oxygen Pro 61 controller provides a new level of creative inspiration. The M-Audio PrecisionTouch key bed combines professional semi-weighted action with advanced high-speed key bed scanning technology for an ultra-expressive playing experience. This custom key bed also features Channel Aftertouch, giving users added expression and control. Channel Aftertouch enables you to affect the sound of a virtual instrument plugin by continuously scanning how much pressure you apply to any key after initially pressing it. This makes creating the mood, dynamics and emotion you want to deliver in your music natural and fast.
- Best-in-class, velocity-sensitive, semi-weighted keys with aftertouch and assignable zones
- (16) RGB, backlit, assignable, velocity-sensitive pads with Note Repeat for beat production, clip launching, and more
- (8) assignable knobs & buttons for controlling virtual instruments, mix plugins, DAW controls, and more
- (9) assignable faders for controlling virtual instruments, plugins, DAW faders, and more
- Preset and DAW buttons for auto-mapped DAW controls & plugin parameters
- Smart Chord mode enables playing of enharmonic or custom chord voicings
- Smart Scale mode eliminates wrong notes making it easy to craft a perfect song
- Arpeggiator with Type, Octave, Gate and Swing controls
- Ergonomically designed pitch and modulation wheels & 1/4” sustain pedal input
- USB-MIDI connection and 5-pin MIDI Output for controlling external MIDI gear
- Intuitive layout featuring an OLED screen for quick control edits
- Includes MIDI editor software and a complete software production package